Fortinet User Community (Fuse) is acutely aware of our users’ needs for security and privacy. To that end, the following document describes how we control you and your organization’s private information.
In this privacy statement we will outline:
- What personally identifiable information Fuse Community collects
- What personally identifiable information third parties collect through this website
- What organization collects the information for this website
- How Fuse Community uses the information
- With whom we may share user information
- What choices are available to users regarding collection, use, and distribution of information
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information
- How users can correct any inaccuracies in the information
Please read the following document carefully, and if you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, please contact us.
Fuse collects information from our users at several different points on our website. Fortinet is the sole owner of the information collected on Fuse (https://fusecommunity.fortinet.com). Fortinet has contracted with Higher Logic, Inc.(“Higher Logic”) to host and act as a representative of Fuse with respect to the Fuse website. You consent to authorizes Higher Logic to host, collect and maintain data, administer, monitor, and other like activities necessary to provide the Fuse community service.
In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration, a user is required to give contact information (such as name and email address). We use this information to contact the user about services on our site for which he has expressed interest. It is optional for the user to provide demographic and profile information, but it is encouraged so we can provide a more personalized experience on our site.
- User and Group Information
Users/Visitors of Fuse may view the information you provide, which includes such items as your Full Name, Job Title and other information you post on this website, and you expressly consent to the collection and display of your information. At any time you may opt out of allowing other users to view this information. By removing the information from the system, other users will not be able to see it. Fuse does not store this information after you remove it - in order to enable it again you must re-enter the information. Organization pages include basic demographic information about the type of institution, location, mailing address, contact phone number, and contact person. The Organization can opt out of some of these pieces of information (contact phone number, contact person) by not providing the information./li>
Vendor Partners are never given access to user pages but are able to view organization pages.
During your use of this Website, you may wish to participate in our community by asking questions or commenting on other users' posts. Users/Visitors of Fuse may view content posted on the community. You should never provide any sensitive or private information in this area. Please note that this website will publicly display your name, your message, and any other sensitive information that is included as part of your signature when you post.
Fuse stores information that it collects through Cookies, Log Files, and Users that are aggregated under ‘User Profiles’. The profile will only be shared as part of an aggregate form with no personal or identifiable information.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. We only use session ID cookies. For the session ID cookie, once users close the browser, the cookie simply terminates.
- Log Files
Like most standard Web site servers, we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information, and are never given to third parties.
- International Usage
Fuse is a global community and its users should consent to all applicable laws of the United States regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, users should comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which Client resides.
Communications from the Site
- Vendor Mailings
While vendors are never given email addresses, they may request us to send occasional emails to our members. You as a user have a right to opt out of receiving these emails and may do so by updating your profile online. By selecting 'Prevent vendors from sending an email to you will stop any further mailings. Alternately, you may send an email to email@example.com and a support representative will handle your request promptly.
- Special Offers and Updates
We send all new members a welcoming email to verify password and username. Established members will occasionally receive information from Fuse and a newsletter.
- Service Announcements
On rare occasions, it is necessary to send out a strictly service-related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send users an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
- Customer Service
We communicate to our users on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account, we reply via email or phone, in accordance with the user's wishes.
- Legal Disclaimer
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Website.
- Aggregate Information (non-personally identifiable)
Fuse Community does share aggregated demographic information with our partners. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
- Third Party Intermediaries
Fuse Community uses an outside shipping company to ship orders. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
Fuse Community may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that Fuse is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
- This Website takes precautions to protect our users' information. When users submit sensitive information via this website, their information is protected both online and offline. Should you ever need to provide sensitive information (such as a credit card number and/or social security number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry - SSL. While on a secure page, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when users are just "surfing". While we currently do not collect any of this type of information, it is possible we will provide services requiring this need in the future. While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users' information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Every quarter, as well as any time new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our users' information is protected. Finally, the servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment. If users have any questions about the security at our Website, users can send an email to >firstname.lastname@example.org
Correcting/Updating/Deleting/Deactivating Personal Information
- If a user's personally identifiable information changes (such as zip code, phone, email or postal address), or if a user no longer desires our service, we provide a way to correct, update or delete/deactivate users' personally identifiable information. This can usually be done at the on your profile or by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com.
Notification of Changes