Fuse blogs is a place to share the latest product news & updates, industry trends, tech tips etc., with our globally distributed technical savvy audience.
To post a blog:
- You should be approved and granted access to post blogs in the community. If you do not have access or need access, please contact the site admin.
- If you already have access, Log in to the Community and navigate to the Blogs section to add a new blog post.
- On the blog's page, you will be able to select "Create a New Blog Post”.
- Give your blog a title, the permalink will auto generate from the title:
- Use short & compelling titles with specific keywords included in the first 60 characters of title to describe the purpose & enhance SEO.
- Optimize the URL & Meta - make sure you include your one to two keywords in it using long tail keywords
- Insert your content into the text box:
- Include & repeat 1-2 target keywords in specific parts of the blog that match the intent of your reader.
- Add any visuals to keep it more interesting for the reader.
- Keep the content relatable by telling a story, post varied blog topics, personalize and provide key takeaways.
- Minimize fluff and get to the point concisely and quickly.
- Add CTAs to elicit engagement. CTA to the respective Fuse forum or Group to start a new discussion.
- "Associate this post with a group" is also automatically generated to your specific community. Please do not change it.
- Add the respective “Meta information” to enhance the SEO.
- Choose the blog visibility to “Public” so as to enable viewership for non-members/visitors not logged into the site.
- Select "Publish".
- To complete and publish at a later time, Save as Draft.
- To access your saved blog post, go to your Profile > My Contributions > List of Contributions and choose the blog you need to complete and publish.
- Now, your published blog will be in moderation until the content is reviewed by the Fuse team.
- If approved, the admin will publish the blog and you will receive a system generated auto-notification. If unapproved, the admin will inform and advice on any next steps via email.
Here are some recommended guidelines to follow for the blog content to be published:
- Content relevant to our technical audience such as hot topics, best practices and tips etc.
- Content should be in English owing to our members distributed globally. *If you need help, please let us know.
- Content should be original and include citations wherever applicable.
- Recommended article length is between 500-1500 words, ideally with added visual elements. *We can certainly help provide any images as needed.
- Content should be informative and not for advertising. Please avoid submitting articles or excerpts that promote products, services, or third-party content.
Here are some best practices to keep your viewers engaged:
- Respond, respond, respond. Make sure to subscribe/follow your blogs and others and respond on any questions or comments posted in a timely and non-defensive manner.
- Be professional, show respect and understanding of the questions/concerns.
- Enforce community code of conduct, flag offensive content & users, and discourage off-topic discussions
- Make it a dialogue, not a monologue.
- Mention others & use # tags while posting content.
- Inform but not promote – focus on benefits and not features to engage audience.
- Amplify and cross promote your blogs on your social & marketing channels.
Have questions? Send an email to the Fuse Admin.