A lot happens in the cyber threat world each week. FortiGuard Labs distills some of the more impacting activity into our weekly threat brief.
You can read the full brief here: https://fortiguard.com/resources/threat-brief, including a link to subscribe to the weekly email.
Below is summary of some of our articles this week:
- We breakdown our analysis of a newly discovered variant of the NetWire RAT that is spreading via phishing email.
- Summation of our analysis of a new TrickBot variant our researchers discovered that is being used in a targeted attack. The threat authors have leveraged some interesting tactics.
- Microsoft released out-of-band updates addressing two vulnerabilities, one of which is being exploited in the wild.
- The Emotet malware awoke from its hiatus. The latest attack begins with a spear-phishing campaign that uses a Word document that references a recently released memoir of Edward Snowden.
- Foreign Trading NanoCore RATs - Our researchers encountered a large-scale phishing campaign targeted at foreign trading companies in China.
Read these stories and more: https://fortiguard.com/resources/threat-brief
Thanks for taking time to read this blog. We welcome all your comments and feedback in the section below.
Director, PMM FortiGuard Labs